A pre-listing home inspection reveals possible surprises which can sabotage the sale of your house.
Especially in Pinellas county, it’s a seller’s market. A pre-listing inspection provides a written report describing the condition of the home. It can uncover any concerns which might compromise a sale. When you’re preparing to sell your home in the Tampa Bay area, seriously consider a pre-listing inspection from Gulf Coast Inspections to ensure potential buyers know exactly what they’re getting.
Typically, home inspections occur before closing. By moving the inspection to the beginning of the cycle, sellers can shorten the process by removing hurdles before they stand in the way of a potential sale.
Why should you get a pre-listing home inspection?
Pre-listing inspections benefit everyone and it’s easy to see why. Here are some benefits to a pre-listing home inspection:
- Time: We give selling agents time to help the seller decide what areas to work on improving the home’s appeal
- Options: Sellers can choose who they want to perform the inspection and help provide details of equipment maintenance, supply dates of improvements and explanations for current conditions.
- Flexibility: Sellers gain more time to make repairs and compare bids and can truly provide full disclosure to their potential buyers.
- Accurate pricing: A pre-listing home inspection helps the agent set the seller’s price expectation and substantiate a higher asking price.
- No surprises: Agents will have fewer issues to negotiate at the 11th hour, and buyers may even waive their inspection.
- Full disclosure: Buyers’ benefits include receiving a third-party review of the home’s condition before making an offer which can help procure financing.
- Stress relief: The inspection can remove any doubt the buyer might have regarding any initial concerns and may also reduce the stress associated with purchasing a home.
Pre-listing inspections are becoming more common in our industry. It protects everyone involved and provides valuable information to the seller BEFORE their home goes on the market.
Your goal as a seller is simple: sell your home. With a pre-listing inspection from Gulf Coast Inspections, we can help make sure selling your home is a success.